+ + + + + + +
“I am interested in what is interesting,” Ed Ruscha
How do you evaluate—grade?— art and design work?
The criteria and issues that stand out for me are:
1. skill to describe/articulate and frame a design question or problem verbally, visually or via some other form
2. participation in the studio, critiques, and contribution to the studio culture
3. ability to transform ideas and rough concepts; to develop, refine, and successfully express or communicate
4. curiosity and willingness to experiment/explore/discover and to distill knowledge from this process
5. mastery of materials and craft in completing project (to the level required)
6. synthesis and aesthetics – create forms and relationships – to put things together with a level of completeness and in an engaging manner appropriate to the project
7. production of a body of work that demonstrates your design process and expresses what is interesting about the work by embedding meaning (your point of view, argument, interests, questions) in the work itself
Here is an article for your reference.